Parasites! Why Should You Protect Your Dog #SentinelSpectrum

Indiana Learning About Parasites

This post is sponsored by Virbac® Sentinel® Spectrum® and the BlogPaws® Pet Influencer NetworkTM. I am being compensated to help create awareness about protection against common parasites found in dogs but we only share information we feel is relevant to our readers. Click for more information about Sentinel Spectrum https://goo.gl/b13Usc . Virbac is not responsible for the content of this article.

Parasites! Why Should You Protect Your Dog?

HEARTWORM

Did you know that over 500,000 dogs are diagnosed with Heartworm each year? Heartworm is a costly disease if not deadly to the pet that contracts it. Not only can it cost between $500 and $2,000 to cure but the cure itself requires complete bed rest because any stress to your dog’s heart during treatment (which literally has to kill the worms in your dog’s bloodstream) can spell disaster for your pet.

It is not worth the risk to your pet to make them go through treatment for something that is so easily prevented. But why stop there? Heartworms are the deadliest of the parasites to our pets but that doesn’t mean you want your pet to have to deal with any of them.

FLEAS

What if you could protect against Fleas at the same time? Fleas are not only annoying to you and your pet but if allowed to get out of control can literally take over your life trying to get rid of them. Fleas can cause anemia in your pet as well as tapeworms! Something you probably didn’t know about fleas is that that adult flea that you see only accounts for 5% of the total flea population which is what most flea protect deal with. What if you could stop the other 95% of the population from growing up or ever hatching out of their egg in the first place and invading your home and using your pet as their next meal?

Parasites! Why Should You Protect Your Dog?

TAPEWORMS

Tapeworms come from fleas and often cannot be diagnosed by your vet until you see the signs. YUCK! Then you have to give your pet medication to get rid of the tapeworms only to start the process all over again the next month if you aren’t protecting your pet against the very reason they had tapeworm in the first place. If contacting it from fleas isn’t a worry does your dog ever eat things they find in the yard including dead animals? Do you have a lot of property and they help keep it vermin free? Hello Fleas on the other animal and all it takes is ingesting one to have an Tapeworm problem. Fleas!

HOOKWORM ROUNDWORM WHIPWORM

This next group of parasites are just plain nasty and can live in the environment for 3 to 7 years! Hookworm and Roundworm live in the soil and can jump from you to your dog. 46 million people have roundworm just to give you an idea of why you might want to protect you and your dog from this nasty parasite. These parasties can hide in your yard so if you have a dog that likes to dig holes, eat dirt, or licks the dirt off their paws after playtime they could potentially contract these parasites. Add to the list the Whipworm which isn’t zoonitic so can’t jump to you is just gross and isn’t something you want your dog to have to deal with.

Protect Your Dog Against Parasites

Would you be willing to look into a solution that protects against all 6 of these Parasites at a cost of $5 – $10 per month? In one bacon beef flavored chew you can protect your dog from becoming a parasite buffet.

Protect Against 6 Parasites with the help of Sentinel Spectrum

Virbac Sentinel Spectrum offers heartworm protection plus protection against fleas, roundsworm, hookworm, whipworm, and a dewormer for any tapeworms that your dog may come into contact with in the environment. To learn more about SENTINEL® SPECTRUM® (milbemycin oxime/lufenuron/praziquantel) so that you can ask your Veterinarian if it is the right choice for you please check out the full product information here.

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Virbac® Sentinel® Spectrum. The opinions and text are all mine.

Amazon Native Ads – Pet Supplies

Comments

  1. Thanks for such an informative post, Felissa. I use Sentinel for my pets and have a good experience. I definitely recommend them to my friends/family. PS: I didn’t know that 500,000 dogs are diagnosed with heartworm each year. That’s alarming! — Amanda

  2. This is great advice for keeping your pet free of nasty parasites. Every dog deserves to be protected against those, especially with fleas and worms crawling around almost everywhere outside. Thanks so much for sharing!

  3. There is no reason that any dog should suffer from heartworms. It is so easy to prevent. My dogs love the taste of Sentinel Spectrum and I love knowing they are protected. ☺

Copyright © 2017 · Two Little Cavaliers · All Rights Reserved · Design By RL Web Designs

%d bloggers like this: