Muddy Paws Blueberry Dog Treats
These Muddy Paw Blueberry Dog Treats are fun to make and share with your dog. Your dog will come running as the smell of the cooking Blueberries fills the house. Blueberries are considered a canine Super food because of all of the amazing health benefits this small little fruit contains. Blueberries can help in rebuilding cells after a hard workout as well as helping to keep your dog’s heart as healthy as possible. Because Blueberries are high in Vitamins and low on calories they can help your dog lower overall calorie intake. In this case the blueberries are being used in a treat and any treat should be offered in moderation. Treats should not be a large portion of your dog’s overall caloric intake for the day but used as an occasional treat these will rank high up on your dog’s list of favorites.
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 cups flour
- 1½ cups blueberries (more or less as needed) Depending on the season you can use fresh blueberries or frozen and thawed.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Whisk together the water, eggs, and honey until thoroughly combined.
- Slowly add the liquid mixture to the flour, stirring gently to mix until a dough forms.
- Pull off pieces of dough, roll them into a ball between your hands, and place them on a greased baking sheet with room to expand. Place blueberries on top of the cookies in a paw pattern and press lightly to cement them in the dough.
- Bake at 325°F for 22-25 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely before serving.