Homemade No-Bake Dog Treats with Pumpkin and Oat
Homemade dog treats are a fun way to create a healthier option for your pets. When these treats are easy to make, as is the case with these treats, it makes it easier to set aside a few minutes and make them yourself. Best of all, this recipe uses just three ingredients, making this recipe fun, easy, and affordable! As you know we love easy and we know you all love easy dog treats. So while these look professional we know you will be able to whip them up for your dog to show then that you care.
Homemade No-Bake Dog Treats with Pumpkin and Oats
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup water
- 2½ cups oats
- additional oats as needed for rolling
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin puree and water. Stir well to combine.
- Add the 2½ cups of oats to the pumpkin mixture and stir well to fully mix the ingredients.
- Using your hands, roll the mixture into small spheres and set them aside.
- After you’ve rolled the mixture into spheres, spread the additional oats on a plate, and roll the spheres in these oats to create a “coating” on the outside.
- Refrigerate the finished treats for 24 hours before serving to firm the pumpkin puree.
I know that many of our readers claim to not be the best cooks and are scared off by treats with more then a few ingredients and lots of steps for prep. This dog treat fills a void while allowing you to make something special and nutritious for your dog.