School Lunch Idea Puppy Themed Bento Box
We know that after a few months of bringing lunch to school things get rather boring but the choices are sort of limited when your child has no way to reheat their food or really keep it cold. Which is why we decided that we would help you come up with a creative and exciting school lunch idea that you will have fun making and your child will have fun eating. Bento Boxes are all the rage right now but unless you have hours a day to spend on creating them it is unlikely that you will ever make any of those amazing ones you have been pinning. Consider this a #Lifehack you will be the cool mom and it will not take you much longer then making the same old boring school lunch. Plus it will be a conversation starter about their puppy at home or what funny thing their puppy did last night. You could even put a paw print at the end of the menu as your dog’s signature. Plus Bento boxes are a great way to store lunches especially when they will be sitting out for hours before lunch time. The built in compartments keep food nice and tidy, they’re much more fun than using a zip-lock bag, and can be used over and over again reducing waste.
Check out this bento box inspired by all things fur baby. The dog bones in the middle compartment are created with a simple sandwich and string cheese. Pair these with carrot collars and apple frisbees and you’ve got a well-rounded lunch!
- Strawberry Jam
- Cream cheese or low fat Neufchatel cheese
- 2 pieces of sandwich bread
- 1 string cheese
- 1 large carrot
- 1 apple
- Dog bone cookie cutter (Amazon has a great selection of dog-themed cookie cutters)
- 1 shot glass or small plastic medicine cup
- Dog Bone Sandwiches - Spread equal parts strawberry jam and cream cheese evenly on two pieces of sandwich bread. Gently press the sandwich down and use the cookie cutter to cut 2 or 3 dog bones. Gently pressing the sandwich before using the cookie cutter will help you get a clean cut.
- Dog Bone String Cheese - Cut two 1 inch pieces off the string cheese. Use a knife to cut the two smaller pieces so they resemble the ends of a bone. (Think of it like the top of a heart shape, without the pointed ‘V’ at the bottom) Cut a toothpick in half and use it to secure the smaller pieces of cheese to the remaining larger portion.
- Carrot Collars - Wash and peel a large carrot and cut it lengthwise into ½ inch or thinner sticks. Use half of a toothpick to secure the ends together. Careful not to cut the strips too thin or the toothpicks won’t stay put.
- Apple Frisbees - Start by sitting the apple upright and slice it starting from the outside. Discard the innermost slices that have seeds. Lay the sliced pieces flat and use a shot glass or small plastic medicine cup to cut out small circles. Repeat this on each slice of apple.
You can get as creative as you want with the sides but we wanted to use things that if the dog knocked your child's lunch off the counter or you serve this as a lunch at home one day and your child decides to share there is nothing that can harm your dog.
If this School Lunch Idea appeals to you make sure you leave us a comment letting us know! We are very interested in your feedback and if you like what you see and would love more Puupy / Dog Themed Bento Boxes for School Lunch Ideas make sure you comment, share, tweet, email a friend, Pin on Pinterest so that we know you are interested and we will be sure to post more.