Homemade Dog Treats
Sweet Potato Squash Dog Treats
Want to make your dog treats but not a master chef? Check out these easy Homemade dog treats just 2 ingredients!
- 2 cups flour (I used cornmeal but you can use anything you have at home)
- 2 jars baby food (I used a jar of sweet potato and a jar of squash) you can use vegetable, fruit, or meat baby food just make sure it does not have onion which can cause anemia in dogs.
- Extra flour to sprinkle on hands and tray for cutting out the cookies.
- Healthy Oil (olive, coconut, flax, etc) to grease cookie sheet though you can choose to use none at all.
- Preheat oven to 335 degrees
- Shake baby food jars as they tend to separate.
- Pour baby food (your choice of a single flavor or mix two flavors together for added vitamins and nutrients) into a mixing bowl. Spoon out any that remains in the jar,
- Add 2 cups of your choice of flour and mix well. Make sure to combine completely so that when cooked your dog doesn't get a mouthful of plain flour.
- Sprinkle flour on a tray (best to use one without a lip) or counter top.
- You can choose to grease your cookie sheet or not. If you don't it will be a little more difficult to lift the cookies off. I used olive oil but any healthy oil is a perfectly fine option.
- Take a chunk of the dough and flatten with a rolling pin though your hands will work just fine.
- Use your cookie cutters to cut out the shapes you would like your cookies to be. place on cookie sheet leaving a little space between cookies. They will not spread much but could.
- Place in 335 degree oven for 22 minutes.
- Allow to cool and serve to your dogs. Be sure to put these in an airtight container so that they will last.