Homemade Sweet Potato Cinnamon Dog Treats
These free-form, baked sweet potato and cinnamon dog treats are simple to prepare once you have gathered all of the ingredients. By gather the ingredient for these fantastic dog treats we mean open up your fridge and cabinets and you will likely find all of the ingredients. We love it when the ingredients for treats are things our readers already have in their homes. It makes it so much more likely that they will decide to make them.
- 1 medium-sized sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup milk
- 1¼ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Place the peeled and diced sweet potato in a pot and submerge with cold water. Bring to a boil, then simmer until the pieces have softened.
- Strain the the sweet potatoes, allow to cool, then mash.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mashed sweet potato, egg, vegetable oil, and milk. Whisk well to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and cinnamon.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the sweet potato mixture, mixing to incorporate.
- Grease a baking pan with pan spray. Spoon small amounts of the mixture onto the greased baking pan, creating the “pillows.”
- Bake at 350°F for 25-35 minutes, or until the pillows have puffed slightly and begin to brown.
- Allow to cool before serving to your pet.
When you’re spooning the batter onto the baking tray, you can arrange them fairly closely together as they will not expand much; these Sweet Potato Cinnamon Dog Treats will however rise slightly like a pillow.
We know the questions are going to come up so we will answer them before they do. Is cinnamon toxic to dogs? No cinnamon is not toxic to dog, cats, or horses. Yes your cat might enjoy these treats just as much as your dog. I know my parents cat would go crazy for these. She loves sweet potato ok she loves all potato. In fact if you leave a cooked potato on the counter and her in the room unsupervised she will eat it. She is an indoor outdoor cat she spends her days hunting and climbing trees and her nights cozy inside the house.
Since we mention cinnamon being safe for horses I looked up the other ingredients and it looks like you could give these Sweet Potato Cinnamon pillows (yeah we changed the name because who wants to give a horse a dog treat?) to your horse. I do caution that you do so only in moderation as changes in food can upset their stomach but one of these broken into a few pieces and given throughout the day would be fine. That is if your horse doesn’t eat it right out of your pocket.
Let us know if you make these Homemade Sweet Potato Cinnamon Dog Treats!
Redbarn Naturals Sweet Potato Slices Dog Treats are a nutritious, natural treat that your dog will love! These nutritious treats are packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that your dog needs to stay healthy. Each slice is made entirely of sweet potato and contains no corn, soy, wheat, or other filler ingredeitns that are difficult for your dog to digest. Redbarn Naturals Sweet Potato Slices Dog Treats are made in the USA to ensure that they are high-quality and that your purchase supports American industry. This resealable package includes 16 ounces of sweet potato slices, but another package is available with the same high-quality sweet potatoes as all-natural fries . Your dog will love these palatable sweet potatoes- so order today! Key Features: Reselable bag preserves freshness All-natural ingredients with no fillers Packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals Made in the USA$10.99