Make Your Own Apple Cinnamon Dog Treats
- 1 cup Dry Quick Cook Oatmeal
- ½ cup Cinnamon Apple Sauce or Apple Sauce with s dash of Cinnamon Added
- 1 large Egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large clean but dry mixing bowl pour the cup of oatmeal. Add the applesauce and mix well. Once everything is mixed together add the egg and mix again.
- If you want to get fancy or happen to have either whoopie cake molds or mini bunt pans you can spoon the mixture into the pan. If you just have the basics use a cookie sheet (that's the thin metal baking sheet). Grease the pan or tray with oil - as long as your pet doesn't have any allergies the only oil you should stay away from is grapeseed oil.
- Scoop the mix into the molds or create big drop cookies using a tablespoon.
- Once the oven is to temperature place the tray or pan in the oven for 22 minutes. Make sure to set he kitchen timer and not rely on watching the time. You will likely have a dog sitting in front of the oven making sure you remember but the telephone will ring or you will get an important email and completely forget about the oven.
- The cookies should just pop right out of the pan or slide off of the tray immediately so you can allow to cool. Since your dog is likely begging by this point as soon as the cookies are body temperature you can allow your dog to have a bite or two.