Easy Homemade Dog Treats – Spinach Oat Bars
Homemade Dog Treats are not only easy to make even for the culinary challenged but they are a great way to bond with your dog. Your dog could care less if each treat is not picture perfect. Mess up a batch? Your dog will not care unless of course you really burn it. Your dog will be by your side as your are putting ingredients into the bowl all the way through cooking and taking them out of the oven. Your dog will be the best taste tester you have ever had. Even picky dogs will be intrigued with the fact that you spent so much time making these. Add a sprinkle of cinnamon to these before they go into the oven and your easy homemade dog treats will seem like a steak dinner to your dog.
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup frozen spinach
- 2 cups oats
- ¼ cup honey
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a sauce pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the frozen spinach, stirring until melted in the butter. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the oats and honey until fully mixed.
- Grease a baking sheet, then spread the oat mixture into the pan (a greased spatula will help decrease sticking). Press the oats firmly into the pan to reduce rising.
- Bake at 325°F until golden brown and firm this should be about 20 - 25 minutes. Remove from the oven to cool.
- After the baked mixture has cooled completely, cut bars or shapes and serve.