Dr. Seuss Game – Dr. Seuss One Fish Two Fish Sorting Game
Dr. Seuss One Fish Two Fish is a popular book among children, and now it is about to be a popular game! To play this game, you only need a few dollar store supplies. It is a fun toss and sorting game that not only is fun for children, but can teach some simple concepts and skills as well. Give this a game a try and see how easy it is to create, play and enjoy!
Dr. Seuss Game One Fish Two Fish Sorting Game
We were able to find both the pipe cleaners and the goldfish crackers at our local dollar store. Our final cost for supplies was just around $2, making this a fun and frugal game to play.
1. Begin by taking the colorful pipe cleaners and folding them into a fish shape. You can do this by folding the pipe cleaner over and twisting it where the two ends meet, creating a closure and tail.
2. Create the game cards by making two decks. One deck should have numbers 1-5 on the cards with one number on each card. The next deck should have all of the colors of pipe cleaners written on the cards, with one color written per card.
3. Place the assorted fish on a table top. Give each player a small bowl of goldfish crackers.
4. To play, a person calls out the fish color and number of fish (1-5) that the player needs to toss in it. They can determine this by pulling a piece of scrap paper. Each piece of scrap paper should have a number of 1-5 on it. A second set should have the color of each pipe cleaner on it. For example, they may call out “One Fish Red Fish,” which means the player needs to toss one goldfish cracker into the red fish.
4. If the player is able to complete the challenge, they win a point. The first player to make it to 10 points wins!
Kids can take turns tossing the goldfish into the colorful fish over and over again. Playing this game right on a tabletop is ideal, but the floor may also work as well. Either way, this is a fun way to enjoy the text further and have some super Seuss fun. Give it a try!
Dr seussDR. SEUSS ONE FISH TWO FISH SHELF WITH PEGS - 18" x 8" x 6 3/4"+Display your little one's favorite books, toys, pictures or collectibles with this Dr. Seuss One Fish Two Fish Wall Shelf by Trend Lab.+Wood shelf features a wave print back with Dr. Seuss' famous fish in barn red, avocado green, sunshine yellow, cornflower blue and powder blue, a cornflower blue shelf and one red fish on either end. +Yellow, red and green peg hooks offer additional storage for clothes, coats, hats and more! This is the perfect accent for your little one's room. +Shelf measures 18" x 8" x 7". Some assembly required. +This shelf coordinates with the Dr. Seuss One fish two fish collection.+Product sold under license from Dr. Seuss Enterprises, L.P.$31.79