Help My Dog Eats Cat Poop!
So you have a dog that for some unknown reason to you likes to eat cat poop. I hear your pain. Davinia and Indiana would eat cat poop every day if I let them. It is pretty easy to keep my dogs out of cat feces but for multiple pet households I know it can be a constant struggle and one that you are always trying to find a solution for.
Yes it is a disgusting thing for your dog to do. At least I think so especially when they think it was the best thing every then try and come kiss you. No thanks, please stay away from me with that poop breath.
Help! My dog eats cat poop! What can I do to stop them?
There is no simple answer but there are steps you can take to help make sure your poop eater does not get sick:
1. Make sure your cat is up to date on vaccinations.
2. Make sure your dog is up to date on vaccinations.
2. Keep your cat indoors or in enclosed outdoor areas where they cannot hunt.
3. Do not feed your cat raw food.
4. Any fresh fruits or vegetable or cooked fruits or vegetable fed to your cat should be thoroughly washed before being prepared.
4. Be sure to wash your hands after cooking and before playing with the cat. Wash your hands after playing with the cat.
5. Place the litter box in a way your dog cannot get to it. Whether that is some sort of enclosed box or a box placed on a counter that the dog cannot jump up on.
6. Use a taste deterrent on your cat’s feces, such as finely ground black pepper, crushed hot pepper, Tabasco® sauce, or Bitter Apple spray.
7. Mix a digestive enzyme approved by your vet for cats to help them absorb more of the stuff that dogs find so very tasty.
For everyone out there saying: “Help my dog eats cat poop.” What have you done to deter the habit that others can use to solve the problem in their home?