From the creators of the Pets need a pal to talk to videos (that video that was in our sidebar for most of 2012) comes the 5th annual Pets Add Life Poetry Contest! A great way for your child to show their creative side and win some really awesome prizes.
If you have a child in grades 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, or 8 that loves animals this is a contest they will want to enter. Not only do they get to show off their love of their favorite pet(s) but they can win $250 in pet supplies for your family AND $1,000 scholarship for their classroom in order to take a field trip to their local animal shelter, zoo, purchase curriculum and supplies for lessons on animals and pet ownership, or the classroom can use that money in order to buy an entire library of books about animals. All your child has to do is enter a poem 100 words or less into the contest and if they are the winner from their grade category not only will their poem be published in a magazine (hey grandma likes to brag to all her friends about that kind of thing) but they win all the prizes mentioned above.
To learn more about the Pets Add Life Children’s Poetry Contest, upload a submission, or download a printed submission form, please visit www.petsaddlife.org.
Complete Contest Rules:
Students in grades 3rd-8th are encouraged to write a unique poem about their pets, what they love about them, the joys they bring to their lives, and enter online at www.petsaddlife.org, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/petsaddlife or mail poem entries and submission forms to:
- You must be a current third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh or eighth grade student to enter. Home schooled children are welcome to enter to win!
- We welcome creativity, and are completely open to any pet related poem topic or theme. Students can choose to write about their own pets, how much they love their pets, specific joys the pets bring them, why they have a pet, how the pet likes to play, how a pet has changed their lives, or even about a relationship with a relative’s/friend’s pet, etc…
- Poems should not exceed 100 words.
- The top 6 poems will be published in an issue of a major pet consumer publication, and each winner’s parent or legal guardian agrees to the use of the winner’s name, picture and the publication of the winning entry.
- Each winner will receive a $250 gift certificate for pet products.
- Six winning poems (1 students for each grade level) will be selected nationally, and those student’s classrooms will receive a $1,000 scholarship (each) to spend on pet related education such as a field trip for their class to an area animal shelter, zoo or other pet related venue, books, or pets in the classroom
- Submitted poems must be original and cannot reflect the work of another author.
The PAL – Pets Add Life campaign is designed to demonstrate the joys and benefits of pet ownership, thus driving increased adoption of pets and responsible ownership of pets.
Felissa Elfenbein is the author and creator of Two Little Cavaliers. She loves to travel and so do her two Cavalier King Charles Spaniels Davinia and Indiana. We have lived in NYC, Florida, Georgia, Berlin, Germany, & Hong Kong.
Thank you for stopping by please leave us a comment to say hello!